Pages

Monday 12 January 2009

Skate Wings With Garlic and Wine Vinegar



My friend having a hankering for skate wings induced me to prepare this fishy delight. Skate is one of those no nonsense fish where the flesh once cooked just falls off the bony cartilage. It is extremely easy to eat and is quite tasty. For me personally it is too meaty; maybe it is something to do with the texture but it makes a change from the sea bream, salmon and trout that I invariably cook.

This dish is from the Moro cook book so I cannot really give out the recipe; you can go and either buy the book or get it out the library or something. What I can tell you is that is that you roast the skate wings, and cook the garlic with butter adding some wine vinegar at the end. Very simple and satisfying. We served it with celeriac dauphinoise and a little green salad; a bit of an odd choice but it appeared to work.


No comments: