Pages

Friday 30 January 2009

Food Pairing

Well since I have come across the amazing Khymos blog I have been following links to some great sites.... this one on food pairing was of particular interest.... just how to people come across putting certain combinations together like salmon and liquorice (my friend had this particular dish in Delfina and we marvelled over the unique pairing).

This excellent site on food pairing - is a useful resource.... you can pick a food and see just what goes with it.... take oysters for instance.



You have some of the more common pairings with some cheeses and beef but also more unusual combinations like green tea and strawberries. This is a fascinating site. What goes with rocket - violets apparently! I suppose that isn't such an odd combination - a garden salad with rocket and flowers has always been a favourite.

A great site that I will be using from now on... just hope it expands.

No comments: