Pages

Saturday 5 April 2014

Moorish: alas no more

I am devastated . This glorious restaurant Moorish is closed.  As a sort of memorial here is a quick review of one of there delightful menus from 2013. Alas I can no longer frequent this wonderful restaurant but if you fly by their website  www.thisismoorish.co.uk you can find a new outlet to the team... Scarlett's Garden...www.scarlettsgarden.co.uk.

This is a glorious restaurant... Full of the finest food. Moorish in Wiveliscombe serves a sublime combination of North African and Spanish... with some inspired wood fired weekends as well...

The following is just a 'normal' menu....what you get is the best ingredients combined in the best ways! You can tell I love this place.  And I have not even started about the decor.. sparse, eclectic, rough around the edges.  Such a pleasure to find such a contemporary restaurant.  No white table clothes, no fake polish, no crass art just simplicity... I love it.
Roasted Cauliflower with Pomegranate

I was just blown away by the this dish.... this is how to raise the humble cauliflower to new levels with the addition of pomegranate molasses... I know that I will be delving into the back of my cupboard for this great syrup.
Hake on a Bed of Spinach and Lentils
The Spanish influence in full evidence here.... Hake is much underused in this country but is a staple of much Spanish fish cookery.  And I can understand why.  Simple but effective.
Chocolate Torte
Simplicity on a plate... not too sweet.. just right!

No comments: