Pages

Friday 16 July 2010

Goosegogs - yeah!


Goooooseberries..... oooh. Those luscious, tart, scrummy fruit that you either love or hate. Personally I love them and with people literally begging you to take them - well how can I say no. I have to thank my fellow allotmenteer Jan for forcing some fruit on me.... so what can you do with gooseberries.... make jam - oh yes- done that...

But what is even better.... ice cream. More specifically gooseberry and elderflower ice cream. This is a marvellous recipe that is amazingly creamy but has the right amount of tartness to make this a refreshing dessert. The recipe is from Delia Smith.... (I never thought I would ever follow one of her recipes but this one is surprisingly good - try it!)

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/summer-desserts/ice-cream/gooseberry-and-elderflower-ice-cream.html

No comments: