Pages

Thursday 19 May 2011

Bridgewater Beans



I am catching up with all my food blog writing.... I have all these wonderful pictures and no words... so here goes.

Bridgewater Beans are a revelation.  I was giving these beans by someone from Frome who in turn got them from the Heritage Seed Library who got them from an old bloke in Bridgewater... hence the name. They are in fact a type of French climbing pole bean that are excellent for keeping for the cupboard in winter.  I found that they were excellent fresh or store cupboard kept for my perennial favourite re-fried beans (a mexican dish that accompanies tortilla or tacos).  I was very impressed. So impressed, I didn't take a picture.  So impressed was I that I thought they were superior to pinto beans (Mexicans all over the world are swooning in disbelief, I know!)

Head out to your local seed swap and see if you can grab a few of these great beans.  And next season I will take a picture!



No comments: